The beneficial properties of calendula have been known since ancient times. Modern cosmetologists have developed many skin care products based on this flower. Among them is a cream, which we’ll talk about.
Calendula is an annual plant. This is due to the fact that its seeds have a similar shape. Calendula has been widely used in cosmetology in connection with its healing properties. Its bactericidal functions are very great.
In addition, the "marigolds" in their composition have a lot of useful substances - carotene, organic acids, vitamin A, essential oils.
Creams, which include extracts from calendula, are huge.
Firstly, they are divided by the place where the cream is applied.
- For hands. Such a cream will help soften the skin, rid your hands of burrs, remove roughness on the elbows, and help heal micro-wounds on the dermis.
- For legs. Creams, which include infusions and extracts of calendula, perfectly relieve heels of cracks, give the dermis silkiness.
- For face. It has an anti-inflammatory effect, protects the skin from ultraviolet radiation.
Secondly, creams are divided by skin type, for which they are recommended to be used. Very often, calendula is included in the composition of funds for oily and problem skin. It perfectly disinfects, dries up inflammation. Often, sage is also added to this composition.
Often there are compositions of creams with calendula based on the succession.
They calm the dermis well.
Also, marigolds are often used in veterinary medicine, for example, as part of the Night milking cream with chamomile and calendula. It perfectly disinfects the udder, heals cracks, and helps to alleviate the pain of sunburn during the period when cows are pastured to pasture.
On how to make a cream with calendula with your own hands, you will learn from the next video.
But not only in the industrial production of creams, calendula is used. This plant has long been used in folk remedies. Here are some marigold-based cream recipes.
- Fill the flowers of calendula with olive oil so that the grass is completely covered by it. The container is tightly closed and left to infuse in a dark place for 2 weeks. 1 tablespoon of beeswax melted. This can be done right in the spoon above the stove. Mix the wax with two tablespoons of the infusion, add 1 tablespoon of corn oil. All mix well. In a still warm composition, we introduce 1 teaspoon of glycerin. How everything cools down can be applied. The product is suitable for dry skin. With it, you can get rid of cracks in the heels and rough skin on the elbows.
- Melt 20 grams of shea butter in a water bath. Let cool well. Add 10 ml of calendula oil and 1 teaspoon of honey. Mix well. We enrich the composition with essential oils of geranium (3 drops), immortelle (5 drops), roses (8 drops). Pour into a jar, store in the refrigerator for no more than three weeks. Suitable for all skin types. Helps to heal wounds and soften the dermis as much as possible.
Manufacturers rating + reviews
Many cosmetic companies in the composition of creams include marigold extract. Here are the most popular remedies.
- Meela Meelo "Calendula." Russian product. Face cream, which is designed for oily and combination skin. This is a completely natural product. The product has a gentle, light texture, which is absorbed in seconds, without weighing on the skin of the face. The main component is water, so it is more suitable for use in the summer. The cost of 470 rubles per 70 ml.
Buyers who used this product left very good reviews. It is applied easily, does not stick. Great as a makeup base.
- Just. Cream - 100% Swiss product with European quality. It contains extract of calendula, mallow, echinacea, soybean oil, vitamin E, allantoin, hyaluronic acid. Ideal for dry and sensitive skin. Suitable for the care of delicate skin of infants. In addition, it can relieve pain with bruises and sprains, relieve menstrual pain, and help with digestive disorders. The cost of 800 rubles per 30 ml.
In the reviews, many write that they doubted such a wide range of functions for this product, but having tried it, they were really convinced that the manufacturer did not deceive.
The cream not only perfectly moisturizes and softens the skin, helps to heal wounds, but also relieves pain.
- Klorane "Bebe". Children's nourishing cream with calendula. Thanks to the hypoallergenic formula, it creates a protective barrier on the skin, protecting against various inflammations, which is very important for thin skin of infants. The cost of 350 rubles per 40 ml.
This product has many praise from mothers. The cream perfectly removes redness, moisturizes the skin. The use of the product every day significantly reduces the irritation of the diaper.
- Phyto "Sintesi Crema Calendula". Production Italy. The product is intended for use in rosacea. It calms the dermis well, improves blood circulation, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, moisturizes and nourishes the dermis. The cost of 3000 rubles per 250 ml.
The use of this cosmetic product actually shows a visual effect. Capillary nets are reduced, the skin takes on a healthy color.